Furniture Measuring Guide
Jenni Kayne Furniture is shipped via White Glove Delivery (unless noted otherwise), and our furniture delivery partners are experts when it comes to finding the safest and most convenient way to place your new pieces in your home. They will help determine the best entrance to use to deliver your pieces, but we do ask that you carefully measure each piece you plan to order as we cannot accept returns on pieces that were not deliverable due to fit issues. To ensure everything goes smoothly, we’ve included a few easy steps to help you prepare for delivery.
1. Confirm Furniture Dimensions
Make note of the overall depth (D), width (W), and height (H) of the piece you are ordering. You can find these dimensions on each piece’s product page on jennikayne.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Sectionals are delivered in individual pieces, dimensions of which can be found on the product page.
2. Measure the Space Where You Intend to Place Your Piece
Ensure that the dimensions of the pieces you have selected fit comfortably in your chosen destination.
3. Measure the Path for Delivery
Measure the height (H) and width (W) of all doorways, hallways, elevators, and stairways that your pieces will have to pass through in order to be delivered to the room in which you plan to place your furniture. When measuring, account for all architectural elements, light fixtures, stairwells, and so forth that could potentially impede delivery.
PLEASE NOTE: If your piece must pass through an elevator to be delivered, ensure that the elevator opening, interior height, and distance to the opposite wall are all adequate to accommodate your pieces. For narrow entryways and hallways, be sure to measure the clearance length between the outside and interior walls.
4. Determine Whether or Not Your Pieces Will Fit in Your Home
The overall width (W) of the doorways and hallways that your piece will have to pass through must exceed the piece’s depth or height. In the event that your doorway's or hallway's clearance is less than the piece’s width, it will need to be brought in vertically. If this is the case, the entryway's height (H) must exceed its width and the piece's width cannot exceed the entryway's height.
What to Expect During Delivery
- Before our delivery team arrives, please prepare your home by creating a clear path, removing any furniture, artwork, or other items that may get in the way of the delivery. Place any adjacent rugs in their desired location and keep pets in another room.
- If your building requires a Certificate of Insurance, please reach out to us and we will provide one prior to delivery.
- During your scheduled delivery window, two representatives from our White Glove Delivery partner will carefully unpack, inspect, assemble (if required), and place your furniture piece in your desired room. All packing materials will be removed.
PLEASE NOTE: Our delivery personnel are not able to move existing furniture within your home.
Once your piece is unpacked, please thoroughly inspect your furniture to check for any damage that may have occurred during transit. In the unlikely event that damage occurred, please document the issues on the Proof of Delivery form before signing, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org right away
If your piece is damaged beyond repair, please refuse delivery. If the damage is repairable (stains, etc.) we will work with you to arrange a repair. If damage is not documented with our delivery partner, we cannot replace or repair your piece.