4th of July, the California Way
Bright and flavorful, this little gems salad is fresh and palette-cleansing, plus the green goddess dressing can be made vegan to accommodate anyone. We love to keep a jar of this on hand for quick dressings and easy veggie dips, so consider doubling the recipe.
To really liven up the party, serve a pitcher of our grapefruit and rosemary palomas. Our rosemary agave syrup is game-changing, and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice makes a huge difference here, so don’t skimp on the mixers.
- Rosemary Paloma
- Little Gems with Farro, Corn, & Cucumber
- Zucchini & Summer Squash Tartine
- Servings: 6 people
Ingredients for the Rosemary Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup 118 ml blue agave
- 1/2 cup 118 ml water
- 3 sprigs rosemary
Ingredients for the Paloma
- 2 cup 473 ml blanco tqeuila
- 1 cup 237 ml freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 cup 237 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup 177 ml rosemary agave syrup
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- lime or grapefruit sliced, for garnish
- grapefruit peels for garnish
To make the rosemary agave syrup
Combine blue agave, water, and rosemary in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain cooled mixture through a mesh strainer. Discard rosemary and use immediately. Store excess in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
To make the paloma
Combine tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and rosemary agave syrup in a large pitcher and stir. Divide evenly between 6 ice-filled glasses. Garnish each cocktail with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of citrus.