Roasted Delicata Squash and Apple Salad Recipe
I mentioned Pamela’s beyond delicious Roasted Delicata Squash and Apple Salad in my Holiday Dinner post, but I couldn’t help but feature it again. It was such a standout from the meal that I have been making it all winter, and literally cannot get enough. XXJKE
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Pomegranate Pistachio Relish By Pamela Salzman
Roasted Delicata Squash with Pomegranate Pistachio Relish By Pamela Salzman
- Servings: 6 people
- Course: Sides, Mains
Ingredients for the Roasted Delicata Squash
- 2 squash Delicata, washed well and cut into rings*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil unrefined, melted
- salt sea salt
- pepper black, freshly ground, to taste
Ingredients for the Pomegranate Pistachio Relish
- 2 tbsp olive oil unrefined, cold-pressed
- apple cider vinegar unfiltered (or pomegranate molasses)
- 1/2 tsp salt sea salt
- 1 cup 237 ml pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup 118 ml pistachios toasted
- 1/4 cup 59 ml currants dried
- 2 shallot chopped, small
- 3 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place the squash rings on the baking sheets and brush with melted coconut oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, approximately 20-30 minutes.
While squash is roasting, assemble relish. Whisk the oil, vinegar, and salt together in a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Arrange the squash rings on a platter so they are overlapping, and spoon relish mixture on top. Serve immediately or at room temperature.