Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
The perfect way to kick start the new year in a healthy way, this smoothie from clinical nutritionist Kimberly Snyder is as delicious as it is beneficial. My friend Ali gave me her book and I have been making the smoothie without banana and absolutely loving it. XXJKE
- Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
- Servings: 3 16-oz servings
- Course: Drinks
- 1 1/2 cup 355 ml water
- 1 head lettuce romaine, organic, chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery organic
- 1/2 head spinach large bunch (or 3/4 small bunch)
- 1 apple organic, cored and chopped
- 1 pear organic, cored and chopped
- 1 banana organic
- lemon juice from 1/2 fresh, organic lemon
- 1/3 bunch cilantro organic (stems OK) and (optional)
- 1/3 bunch parsley organic (stems OK)
Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth.
Add spinach, celery, apple, and pear and blend at high speed.
Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals out of your body). Finish with banana and lemon.