- Grilled Halibut with Watermelon Pico De Gallo
- Crostini with Blackberry-Thyme Chia Jam and Burrata
- Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes with Anchovy Pesto
Grilled Halibut with Watermelon Pico De Gallo
Ingredients for the Pico De Gallo
- 2 cup 473 ml diced, seedless watermelon
- 1 cup 237 ml diced tomato
- 1/4 cup 59 ml red onion, shallot, or scallions
- 1/4 cup 59 ml cilantro leaves and tender stems chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 2 big pinches fine-grain sea salt and additional for the fish
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Fish
- 6 pieces wild-caught halibut fillets about 4-6 oz each
- unrefined, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil for brushing fish and grill
1. To make the pico de gallo: place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature while you prepare the fish.
2. Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Make sure the grill is super clean so the fish won’t stick.
3. Pat the halibut filets dry and brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (one side is fine.)
4. Brush the grill with olive oil and grill the halibut for approximately 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the flesh flakes easily with a fork, about another 3-4 minutes. Take care not to overcook the fish. Figure about 8 minutes total for fish that is 1-inch thick.
5. Taste the pico de gallo and adjust for seasoning if necessary. Serve the fish with the pico de gallo on the side.